Monday, July 11, 2005

The Jinx of the PowerBook

*sigh* It can't be, but the evidence *sigh*

Alas, me thinks my PowerBook is cursed.

I bought it Saturday morning. Since then I've had a blow out on the highway, on a part of the highway that has those concrete barriers on both sides eradicating any notion of a shoulder. So after driving God knows how long on the shreds of my Michelen I finally have to change the tire while laying/squatting in an ant pile.

While driving my wife's element today, I look down to dial my phone for like, a milisecond, I look back up and the traffic that was speeding along at a normal clip is now completely stopped in front of me. I had to slam on my brakes and fish tail so I wouldn't end up in the back seat of the chevrolet trailblazer stopped in front of me. It costs me over $200 US to replace the fileted piece of galvanized rubber.

The reason I was dialing my phone while I was driving home is because the electricity in part of my house (the part that houses my beautiful Apple). The good part to this is that I found a really good electrician who came out after hours and only charged me $90 US to change out the socket in my mom's room which blew out due to old wiring and ceased the flow of electricity to the following two rooms.

So I ask you: Is this coicidence? Or is this some evil machination by microsoft to punish me for leaving the evil empire and taking a bit of the forbidden fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home