Saturday, October 08, 2005

What a Small World

Anybody who knows me, knows that I don't like to go anywhere. My wife will always hear me sign when I learn of an engagement that requires me to drive north of San Antonio's I-10/410 interechange. However, now that I'm traveling so much more for work I'm realizing what a small world we live in. It's nothing for me to catch a flight to one of the coasts. Well, as long as I have my iPod.

I was looking at pictures of Honda Preludes on PBase and found many Americans who bought cars while living in Japan. I've always wanted to go to Japan, but the thought of spending all that time on a plane dashed any real consideration of the trip. Not to mention having to navigate a completely strange city where not everybody speaks english and those that do have very strong accents. But I got to thinking, I travel because I'm paid to and because I believe in what I'm trying to achieve. What's the difference if I'm traveling for personal reasons. It should be much more enjoyable because I'm not rushing to make meetings or having to find office buildings in strange metropolitan settings or navigate the local public transit system (forget about me trying to figure out highway systems, bad experience).

Maybe for our fifth anniversary Liz and I will make a trip to Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home