Saturday, November 19, 2005

どこにペンギンはあるか.

Where is the penguin?

I spent part of this afternoon feeding Phia and watching Revolution OS. It made me think of my days as an unemployed, amateur Linux hacker. Oh, those were the days. The laptop I'm currently selling on ebay (my Gateway M210 if anybody is interested) is to subsidize the purchase of a new iBook, but I paused for a moment and thought about putting a copy of Mandrake or Red Hat on it. Of course I still have my old Gateway desktop that I could load up a later distro of Linux.

If only I could find the time to do everything I wanted to do. I know Elizabeth feels the same way. She's got it a little worse than me when it comes to having no free time. At least I have the choice (though not excercised very often) to leave my office when I'm overwhelmed. Elizabeth can't just turn Phia off, she's got to be on 24 hours a day, every day.

Soon, when I finally learn where I'm going to be moving to or if I'm staying here in the Alamo city, I'll pull out my old desk top and treat it with a little Linux love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home