Thursday, November 03, 2005

Spoofed

You hear about these people from other countries trying to take advantage of "rich" Americans. I never thought it would happen to me. I don't have an exiled president's fortunes heading towards my free checking account, but I put my old winbook on sale at Ebay. It was bought immediatly for the "buy it now" price. I was like, "Yeah"! However, it all started to become a little too obvious that somebody was trying to spoof or scam me when I got the first email from "MARTIN CARL":

Hello,
Compliment of the season to you.I am Mr MARTIN CARL from INDIANA, but Presently i am leading a conventional church program in Holland. I saw your item below and i will like to buy it for my son that will be starting a Computer science course in University of Nigeria Next week. and also i will like you to tell me how many item you have to sell, so you can send me the total cost ok.Do not worry about the shipping, i have an account with fedex and i will be sending you my fedex account number for the shipping . Moreover i would have prefer to send you a cheque but simply because i want you to ship the item first thing tomorrow morning, i will be sending you payment via PayPal,so make sure you get the package ready for tomorrow shipment ok?And kindly send me your paypal email address ,so i can make the payment right away.
Thanks.
MARTIN CARL

And then I received an email that was supposed to be from Pay Pal telling me that he had paid, but that I wouldn't see the money in my Pay Pal account until I send a Fed Ex tracking number?!?!

It's sad really. It's sad to think that these idiots are smarter than us, that we're not going to catch on to their obvious rouse. It's also sad that anybody would be so hardup that they would have to resort to something like this. Here in America we can tell people to go out and get a job, dig ditches, work the fry machine, something. But in other countries there really aren't any jobs to be had. You just sit there and do nothing and watch you baby die and you can't do anything but spoof ebay and pay pal emails.

It's really sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home