Saturday, November 12, 2005

動きのauto ショーのgm

GM's new concept for an auto show is awesome. Instead of walking around and looking at a bunch of cars, they let you line up and drive them around a closed track. There are separate tracks for classes of cars: luxury, passenger, truck and SUV. They even had two special courses which required "qualification" to use, the off-road Hummer course and the high-performance road course.

The entire event was free and we even got a free lunch. The concept is really nice because of the ability to compare and contrast each vehicle in a given class. For example, I can tell you that the Acura MDX's ride is much smoother than the Honda Pilot's, and the Volvo SUV chassis and steering is way too stiff for my liking. I know that the Chevrolet SSR is a blast to drive, but the lateral cockpit room is limited, especially for a broad shouldered lad such as myself.

I really enjoyed driving two of my dream cars: the BMW 530 and the Lexus ES300. I had a little too much fun in the Lexus and got a warning by one of the course wardens for making the tires squeal a little too much through the last turns.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the event and am even thinking of going back tomorrow, especially since I didn't get to drive the Corvettes or Hummers which were the main exhibits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home