Wednesday, December 28, 2005

LED Fascination

Not that long ago I read an interestesting article in *wired magazine* about the amazing life of LEDs and how they will revolutionize the world of insatiable power consumption and Ikea lighting. For Christmas, my mom got me an Owl Book LED light. Essentially, it's an LED that is attached to a clip via flexible wire. Sounds simple enough. It's friggin miraculous. I'll admit (and so will all the people who left bad reviews for it on Amazon), it's horrible for a reading utility because the LED has no discernible focal point. It's more like a lantern than a flashlight. However, I've used it for almost anything and everything else. I can clip it to the top of my PowerBook for quick lighting. I can clip it to Sophia's shelves for a late night diapie change. I can clip it on the sun visor of my car for some intense extra lighting. And I can clip it to myself and walk thru a dark house like I'm looking Tutenkamen's crapper. I totally recommend this product, just not for it's intended purpose.

Also, I just bought a new blue LED flashlight from a seller on eBay - a whopping $0.99 USD purchase. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home