Monday, December 19, 2005

Sophia's Birthday



Today is my daughter's birthday. One year ago today, my wife was rushed into delivery after spending three anxiety ridden days in the hospital. Elizabeth was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, otherwise known as pregnancy induced hypertension. Even though Sophia wasn't due for two more months, Elizabeth's system was filling with toxins and her doctor made the decision to deliver our daughter by c-section. Sophia spent two more months, the first months of her life, in Methodist Hospital's Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit. It was a trying time for my wife and I, but the reward was being able to bring home our precious daughter.

Since then I can't say things have been easy, but hearing my daughter's laugh or seeing her squinch her face up in a mischievous smile make everything worth it. Now we're expecting our second child. Arabella Giadis Palumbo (at least that's our working title) is due in March, but Elizabeth thinks we'll be seeing her much sooner than that. I hope it's under good circumstances. I also hope Sophia gets along with Bella. I would have to have two siblings that don't "mesh" well. But I'm sure they'll get along famously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home