Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday Night

This past week at work was ridiculous. I felt like I was working retail again. Oh well, the traffic wasn't bad.

I put some more item on auction at ebay. I really should spend more time designing my auction pages. I think I would make more money, but I have a bad habit of just making stuff up as I go along with little to no research.

As of tomorrow, this will be an Apple only household. Well, I guess not. I still have an old Gateway desktop that is sitting in my closet (want to see it? check ebay in a few days). But I did sell my last winbook on ebay and it ships out tomorrrow. What took so long? It took forever to get all of my pictures and MP3s off of the hard drive. I don't know if it's just a slow computer or Windows sucks that much, but it was hella tough getting CD-Rs to burn correctly. Finally, E got it to work using some obscure commanded embedded directly into windows.

I've been reading about Apple's retail stores. It seems that Apple has a mega-tight lipped policy when it comes to there retail employees. I can understand that though when your best strategy is the ability to shock the market place with cool, new products. All of the reports I've read make it sound like Apple retail is not the best gig in the whole world. But, I mean, it's still retail. At least it's retail working with super cook products.

If I didn't have any responsibility right now I'd quit my job to become a Mac Genius. That would be a really cool job! So many articles I've read state that Mac Geniuses have a highg turnover rate because of more money and better hours with outside employers. I'm seriously thinking about order the Apple Technicians Training Package from the on-line Apple store to start studying. If not for anything else than to give myself free tech support.

[Scott, if you're out there - call me!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home